This entry is an application the typical workflow for creating 3D patterns in Grasshopper.
The steps involved are:
- the creation of a basic pattern of curves on a plane
- the addition of variation through an attractor point which affects the local properties of each element of the pattern
- the creation of the planar fillets
- the creation of a trimmed surface
- the addition of the solid fillets
- the final morphing operation using the target surface
I’m finalizing an online course specifically focused on the creation of 3D patterns with Grasshopper, so if you are interest in knowing more please contact me through the contact page.